Texas: A Whole New World

Friday morning, June 14, my mom woke us up very early. Some of you are probably thinking, "It probably wasn't that bad", but after going to the Santa Cruz boardwalk the whole day before, getting woken up at 4:00 isn't that all amazing. Thinking this is your last morning in California is pretty exciting and scary at the same time!! After bagels in the airport, or flight was ready to go.

After three hours of watching two episodes of Say Yes to the Dress (please don't ask me how two episodes lasted 3 hours!!), and tracking the flight, we finally landed. The flight isn't that bad, but when you don't care for airplane bathrooms, you can't wait for that last 40 minutes to fly by!! Arriving in Texas, I felt really excited!! I had never been before and I was hoping for a trip to Waco. Any Fixer Upper fans? There was a big sign in the airport that said, "Dallas. Where big things happen." I was pretty sure some big things were going to happen during our time here!

When we went to Hawaii when I was ten, after you got off the plane you knew you were somewhere different than California. Well, when we got off the plane in Texas, I guess it hadn't really hit me that we were somewhere else........until we went to Buc-ee's. Now I was thinking that Buc-ee's was a restaurant. So when we pulled up to this huge building with 94 gas pumps outside, I was a little confused. Walking into Buc-ee's was crazy!! Apparently their bathrooms are world famous. There was a big billboard that said, "Last chance to pee happy." Don't ask me why they are world famous. But I do know that you could get an extra large drink (44oz) for 79 cents. Not in California!! If you ever go to Buc-ee's, you should definitely get the beaver nuggets. No, they're not made of beavers!!

It took us two hours to drive from Dallas to Lindale. Not including the trips to In-N-Out (I know, I know. You're probably thinking, "Why would you go to In-N-Out if you're in Texas?!") and Ham Orchards. When we finally got to the Mercy Ships International Support Center, our dad was waiting right outside for us!! He showed us our room and soon it was time for dinner. (By the way, the food is really good!!)


Texas is SO much different than California. I bet you that every state isn't just a state, but a whole different world inside itself!! Texas sure is, and I can't wait to explore this Whole New World!!

- Emma

Comments

  1. I am so glad you are having fun eemma!😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you described your journey! I agree, Texas is really different—-I like the sunset over the wide open plain. It’s quiet in Texas and I can hear myself think.

    The last part was my favorite when you said “I bet every state isn’t just a state, but a whole world inside itself!” So good and true! And every city in Texas it’s like it’s own land at Disneyland—-a totally different feel.

    Excited for all God has in store for you!!! Keep writing and sharing!!! Love each of you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I am going to enjoy reading the blog from the "kids'" point of view....thank you for doing this, I feel like I am right there with you...kind of....Love and prayers, Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmie, I am so glad you are enjoying Texas. The more you explore the more you will love being able to be there. Thank you for your blog also and we love hearing from you. May God be with you every step of your new journey! Love Granny Nanny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment