Consider the Wildflowers



Hi friends!
I decided that I would start to write encouraging blog posts for each week during COVID-19. I hope that you enjoy!

Week 1
“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!" Luke 12:27-28

We don't have to worry.
During the corona virus, there is a lot of worrying. I know that here on the ship there is worrying about when to go home, should I go home, can I go home, if I get a flight will it be cancelled, will there be a field service next year, how am I going to say goodbye to more people? The list goes on and on. And I'm sure it's the same where you're not living on a ship. Will I be able to go to work and provide for my family? Will I be able to meet up with my friends? Will I be able to finish college and graduate?

There are a lot of things to worry about. It's true. But we don't have to worry about those things. Why? Because God's got them. He's got all of your worries and doubts, He's got your situations, your families, your friends, your jobs. He's got it all in His hands. And He knows the future. And it says in God's Word that God makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him. So don't worry!

When you look outside and you see the wildflowers what do you think? They're beautiful right? All of the many colours and designs are so careful and thought out. The flowers don't even work to look beautiful. God takes care of them. They don't care what they look like, they aren't worried about that because they know that God's got them. And if God cares so much about the little things that might not even be standing in the hills the next day, you can't even start to imagine how much He cares for you. You who when He created He said wasn't just good, but very good. He loves you more than the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. And if He loves you this much, He will provide for you. He will make sure that you have everything that you need.

If COVID has caused you to not have a job anymore, or to have stress, or to have fear, or to not be able to do what is necessary to provide for your family, don't worry. God's got you. He won't let you down, He never has and He never will. God is our provider. He cares for you. So don't worry.

Love, Emma




Comments