My Help Comes From God

thehoneydesignco

Hi friends!
Happy Tuesday! (Yes it is Tuesday.) I hope that your week had been going great!

Week 2
Psalm 121
I look up to the mountains—
does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth!
He will not let you stumble
the one who watches over you will not slumber.
Indeed, he who watches over Israel
never slumbers or sleeps.
The Lord himself watches over you!
The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
The sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon at night.
The Lord keeps you from all harm
and watches over your life.
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
both now and forever.

Where does our help come from?

That's a question that maybe you have asked yourself before. Where do you think your help comes from? Sometimes we turn to worldly things. We turn to things that make us feel accepted and helped for a little while, but they're only temporary. And then yet again, we find ourselves seeking where to find help.

Where does our help come from?!

Well, if you look up to the mountains, to the trees, to all that has been created; you'll find your answer. The one who created the heavens and the earth is the One who will help you. He is where your help comes from, your strength and your life all come from Him. He sees to it that you do not stumble, or fall. That doesn't mean that you won't have hardships. But it does mean that when you do have hardships that God is walking right there alongside you the whole entire time. He won't leave you. 

And those hardships are designed to make us stronger, and to grow closer to God in our faith. Often times, the hardest trials produce the strongest endurance. An amazing little poem/story that I found is this:

Footprints
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

How amazing is that?! At those times when we think we are walking alone, those are the times when God is actually quite near. Those are the times when He let's go of our hand, and carries us because we are too weak to carry on.

There is a song by Colton Dixon called "Never Gone" and I think that it illustrates this very well. The lyrics say:

Lights off, a shot in the dark
We get lost when we're playing a part
We lay blame like we know what's best
It's a shame
We break when we fall too hard
Lose faith when we're torn apart
Don't say you're too far gone
It's a shame
It's a shame
I'm still standing here
No I didn't disappear
Now the lights are on
See I was never gone
I let go of your hand
To help you understand
With you all along
Oh, I was never gone
There's space between our lives
Hard to face, but I know we try
To revive, bring it back to life
Don't walk away
Don't walk away
I'm still standing here
No I didn't disappear
Now the lights are on
See I was never gone
I let go of your hand
To help you understand
With you all along
Oh, I was never gone
I never ever left you
Never ever left you, no
I said I never ever left you
Never ever left you, no
And Jesus never ever left you
Never ever left you, no
Could seize the evil and the darkness
Now you know you're not alone
God never left you. He was never far away though you think that He might be. He will never leave you. So when you find yourself asking "Where does my help come from?" Just know that your help comes from God, and you can put all of your trust in Him because He will always carry you and walk with you.

Love Emma

Comments