My Weekend


School was over, it was Friday! Hallelujah! Friday night was family movie night. We ended up watching Mrs. Doubtfire. We had loads of movie candy and popcorn. I love popcorn guys....


Our parents went out for the weekend for their anniversary. Our good friend Miss Beth stayed with us while they were gone. Saturday morning our parents left. When she came, she did Georgia and my hair. It is so much fun when she does my hair, and as my friends know, I love getting my hair done!

After that, we played a couple of games like Banana Grams and another word game. Then we went up to the pool for a little while. It was nice to sit in the pool and read my book. I am a big reader, so if any of you have any good book recommendations, let me know!! After the pool, we had dinner then we went up to Miss Beth's classroom to watch a movie. We watched The Avengers because my brother, Mack, and Miss Beth hadn't seen it. Such a good movie!


Halfway through the movie, we went down to the hospital to visit the patients. We went to B ward which is the plastics ward. We brought dot paints and coloring things for the patients to play with. They loved it! It was so much fun to get to play with them! They are all super sweet. There was a little baby that was there because her mom was getting treated. She was so cute and I got to hold her!

After that, we went back up to finish the movie.

The next day, we woke up early because we were going to church at the Hope Center. It was really cool to get to go to church with the patients. There were a couple of babies and they were all super cute. We sang and danced and listened to the story of the Fall. All of them were so nice and they all wanted to take pictures.


After that, we went back to the ship and hung out for a little bit. Miss Beth did our hair again. :) Then at 1:00 we went down to the Library Conference Room to do an escape room. It was SO much fun, and actually a little hard! Our team name was the Peach Grizzlies. Don't worry... there is a story behind the name! Miss Beth was born in Georgia so that is where the Peach comes from. My sister, brother, and I were all born in California and Miss Beth lived in California, so that is where Grizzlies comes from. We had an hour to escape...... we finished in an hour and twelve minutes. Not bad, not bad.

When we finished our parents had arrived so we went back to the cabin. That night we had church again on the ship. That was my really fun weekend.

Here are some pictures from the hospital:


We brought dot paints and cars for the patients and they loved it! They made loads of pictures, and Georgia has a few hanging up in our room!



This was the sweet little baby that we got to hold! Her mommy was there for an operation so she and her grandma came with her. She is definitely very popular down in the wards!!

Below is the grandma of the little baby. She was super nice, and I saw her at church on Sunday down in the hospital!

This was the little girl that I played with down in the wards. She has the most beautiful smile. I saw her at church on Sunday too and she was so excited!!

Mark 10:13-16
"People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 
And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

-Emma

Comments

  1. Thank you for this “window” into your life!! I love what you are doing and that you get to it with your family! God will keep on blessing you... and boy, is He blessing others through you!! Super crazy proud of you!! Much Love, Mrs. Barbour

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment